Dear Residents, Family Members, and Employees,
As of today there are three (3) different COVID-19 Coronavirus Vaccines. Our Nursing Home had three (3) Government sponsored COVID Vaccine Clinics. Unfortunately those are done but the work continues on the vaccination front. The vaccine is working at protecting residents and everyone at a greater loss of death and severe symptoms of this virus. The graph below starts at 5/31/2020 and continues through 3/7/2021 and we can see the dramatically positive effect.
We have advocated the State for several things regarding vaccines:
- Re-engage the local Pharmacies to continue more visits to Nursing Homes allowing for those that changed their minds, new admissions and new hires to get vaccinated;
- Send COVID vaccine /supplies (and quickly!) to Long Term Care Pharmacies so we can order them like we do Flu Vaccines and other medications;
- Allow Nursing Home Nurses to administer the COVID vaccine like we do other vaccinations.
If you have not had a discussion about vaccination: residents/ family members please call the Administrator or Director of Nursing; employees should discuss with Human Resources or the Administrator.
Great news. CMS and Public Health have come out with safety guidance to opening up our home for in-door visitation again. Here are some important points:
- Please know this will likely be a fluid opening meaning at times the facility may have to close for visitations at times during an outbreak investigation.
- CMS, Public Health all recommend OUTDOOR visits are still preferable to indoor visits.
- Arrangements can be made for INDOOR visits by scheduling with the facility.
- No in room visits will be conducted, visitation will occur in a visitation area.
- Residents who are on transmission-based precautions for COVID-19 should only receive window visits or visits that are virtual, or in person visits for compassionate care situations.
- For additional information contact the Administrator, Director of Nursing or Social Services.
Even with 100% vaccination rates CDC/ CMS/ Public Health Authorities have not changed precautions: Masking, Distance, Hand washing.